Friday, October 20, 2017

UDL Book Builder

UDL Book Builder Project:
Please see below the link on book project that I worked on with ESL teacher for a Grade 1 student:
Book Project

The key goal of this project is to allow students to practice writing through authentic exercise.  The ESL teacher suggested me to work on some simple, easy to write topic.  So, I suggested this student, Hayden, to write a little book about himself.  I first demonstrated what to do for cover page.  Then, guided him through the second page, and let him work on the rest himself with my supervisory. 

The little penguin narrator below each page is actually used as a tips I gave to Hayden on something he can write about on each page.  I encouraged Hayden to use drawings or pictures to represent his story on each page.  In order to let the student be more engaged on this activity, I showed him a sample of another student UDL book, and let him know that his book will also get published online for his family and classmates to see.  

1 comment:

  1. The link is not working properly. Please fix and resubmit.

    ReplyDelete

Week 13 - Keystone Projects

Keystone Lesson : Name: Karrie Chan Subject : Science/ English Language Arts Date: Dec. 19, 2017 Lesson Title : Animals Traits Gra...