Week 9: Identify and justify criteria and principles that provide a sound basis for making decisions about the potential relevance of new literacies for formal, school-based teaching and learning.
Reflection on article "The Impact of Using Blogs on College Students' Reading Comprehension and Learning Motivation" by Hui-Yin Hsu and Shiangkwei Wang
It is interesting to find out that the use of blogs (technology tool) can affect participants' learning retention rate. In fact, Students will not see writing blog online a "homework". They are more engaged in blogging activities as they can get more interaction in the blogging group and broaden their networking. Moreover, students in this blogging group formed a learning community where they can freely share their thoughts and exchange suggestions to support each other. Although there is no significant supporting to proof that blogging can improve reading comprehension, but I believe blogging can help improve their writing in some extent as they tend to practice writing more often and more willingly on the blog.
Reflection on article "The Impact of Using Blogs on College Students' Reading Comprehension and Learning Motivation" by Hui-Yin Hsu and Shiangkwei Wang
It is interesting to find out that the use of blogs (technology tool) can affect participants' learning retention rate. In fact, Students will not see writing blog online a "homework". They are more engaged in blogging activities as they can get more interaction in the blogging group and broaden their networking. Moreover, students in this blogging group formed a learning community where they can freely share their thoughts and exchange suggestions to support each other. Although there is no significant supporting to proof that blogging can improve reading comprehension, but I believe blogging can help improve their writing in some extent as they tend to practice writing more often and more willingly on the blog.
I agree about students writing ability increasing by using the blog- I'm surprised the study didn't reflect that. I think that goes to show that writing more doesn't exactly mean writing better. I think blogging does help students to write more and share more ideas, but we may not see a difference in writing skills over such a short period of time.
ReplyDelete